Friday, September 07, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Interesting how busy one can be when supposedly it's time to relax. I have been on vacation this week and have felt overwhelmed by all the things that I know I should be doing when the thing that I really want to do is: relax!
A while back a friend introduced me to a book "When I Relax I Feel Guilty". At the time I wasn't that busy, or didn't feel that pressed for time, but now I am and now I do. And I do feel guilty for doing nothing. So I'm doing things that I probably "shouldn't" be doing on vacation. I stopped by the office yesterday and was told "you don't belong here." But I needed to be there. When one is on vacation, it doesn't stop the fact that there are things to do. Maybe next time I take some time off, the family and I should go to Hawaii or Mexico or to the U.P. . Actually get away and leave the phone and the laptop at home.
With all this being said, I realize the need for balance. I love the idea of sabbath rest. We need to recharge our batteries: physically, emotionally, and spiritually. And better said, we need the Lord to recharge our batteries. He is our strength and He is our rest.
We praise the Lord for the ministry to which He has called us. We thank Him for the busyness that at we times complain about. But most of all we thank Him for who He is and for who He has made us; His children through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
May we all "be still before the Lord our God, our Maker" and enjoy Him and all the bounty that He has brought into our lives.
A Dios sea la gloria,
Daniel

No comments: