Saturday, September 13, 2008

Deep roots

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." (Colossians 2:6-7)
Those of us who have received Christ Jesus as our Lord must continue (persevere) in Him and have our roots grow down deeper in Him and His Word.
One of the first things that come to my mind when I think of deep roots is the redwood tree. Whereas I realize that it isn't the tree with the deepest roots ever (that would be a wild fig tree in south africa), it is a huge tree with very deep roots. That's what I want to be as a believer. No, I don't want to be a redwood tree, nor a fig tree for that matter. I want to be a man deeply rooted in Christ. I want to bear fruit for God's glory. (John 15:1-8) I want to be a man who encourages others to be deeply rooted in Christ. So please pray for me and for the ministry here in Curaco. May I continue to see my roots growing deeper in Christ and may those around me have the same thing happen in their lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Kennison's,

"More of Thee and less of me"

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Amen. Amen. Consecrated, Lord to thee.

They've been lifted up. We ask of you the same.

The HeyYous!