Saturday, October 03, 2009

Resurrection Sunday

The term is often reserved for the date on the calendar when people are directed to observe the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. But of course for us as believers, every Sunday (and every day for that matter) is a time to celebrate the resurrection of the Lord. Tomorrow we will continue on our journey through the gospel of Mark and find ourselves in chapter 12:18-27. I love the way that Jesus responds to the religious leaders, especially His words in verse 27: "God is not the God of the dead, but God of the living". Of course these religious leaders are not alone in their error, many people in our day and age doubt and/or flatly deny the resurrection. May we be bold in joyfully proclaiming to them the promise of the resurrection: "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, even though he be dead, will rise again. And whoever lives and believes in me, will not eternally die. Do you believe this?"(John 11:25-26) By the grace of God, I do believe and I do rejoice in Christ Jesus. Celebrate Jesus in this day and every one to come. He is risen, He is risen indeed!

1 comment:

Grace said...

PASTOR DANIEL!!!
I found your blog! It's Grace, the gal from California who visited Chiloe last year and stayed w/ Pastor Marcelo. I've been wanting to get in contact with your family and to know how God has been working in your ministry in the past year. I'm so glad i can read this blog to know what ha sbeen happening. Truly the trip I took to Chiloe impacted me in many ways to think differently about missions and ministry through your family's example. God bless you all!!!