Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Some locked up and others set free

CNN reports that a town in Arkansas has instituted a type of martial law in order to curtail violence in there. The citizens are on a 24/7 curfew and are being told that whoever violates it will be subject to relocation to a jail cell. Interesting.
Our situation down here is only mildly comparable. On Saturday, extreme town makeover started here in Curaco. Tearing up the streets and the sidewalks. Quite a mess. Yesterday (Monday) they started to straighten things up a bit. Ours was the first side of the road that was to be "residewalked". The problem is that with the work going on, with the wet cement and all, I cannot get my vehicle out. I feel a little boxed in. But at least I can walk. And the cement should be dry by tomorrow.
The most important thing however is although I used to be a locked up as a slave to sin (Romans 6:17), I am now free in Christ. (Romans 6:18) The truth (Christ and His Word) has set me free. (John 8:32) The Son has set me free and I am free indeed! (John 8:36) I have been set free from sin. I am free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:2) And to the praise of God, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1) Free at last, free at last, praise God Almighty, I am free at last! And so we don't forget how this happened, may we be faithful to share this life-giving message with others (Romans 10:14-15,17), that they can be released from their prison and enter into the freedom that can only be found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: