Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Rain

Today feels as if the fall is "falling" upon us. Lots of cold rain showed up this morning, and was enough to get our students soaked on their one block journey to school. With the school being so close, they would get just about as wet if they walked out to the vehicle, drove down and then got out. However they dry out eventually and they definitely aren't made of sugar. (even though they are really sweet!)
I have a good lead on a mechanic who might be able to help me with the transmission in our car. Please pray that this would all work out and the Custom Cruiser would be cruising once more. Thanks again to our friends (you know who you are!) who helped us out with the replacement parts. You are greatly appreciated.
Today has already shown some interesting ministry opportunities. But don't all days? Sometimes we just don't notice them and/or make ourselves available to them. May we be sensitive to the Spirit's leading and may God use us for His glory.
"Give ear, O Heavens, and I will speak, and let the earth hear the words of my mouth. May my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, like gentle rain on the tender grass, and like showers on the herb. For I will proclaim the Name of the LORD; ascribe greatness to our God!" Deuteronomy 32:1-3 (ESV)

No comments: