Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just a quick note

In order to keep my blogging streak going I jot out this quick entry. Today was a good day. The main excitement of the day was when I was told "daddy there is somebody at the door." So I proceeded to look out the window and I slowly opened the door thinking that it was a salesman. Then the surprise came. He whipped out his wallet and there was this somewhat shiny badge. It was like I was in the movies. At first I was a little startled but then I noticed that his badge said "Customs" and I remembered that someone was supposed to be coming down to check out the stuff that we had sent in the container. Of course we were told that an agent would call to set up a time to meet with us, so we were caught a little off guard. But that was alright. More natural. The agent did what he needed to do; he looked around at our things and asked us several questions and he was on his way. He was very efficient. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will be able to use the things that we sent down for Grace Baptist.
On another note, we received word that a dear sister named Louise Fish (our home/sending church, North Casnovia Baptist) is in a coma after a severe stroke. We ask that you would please pray for her entire family during this time of trial and uncertainty. May they find the comfort and assurance that they need in the arms of our loving sovereign God.
May we all be found faithful in our service unto the Lord,
Daniel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a sobering thought to know that many brothers and sisters were beaten and imprisoned today by civil authorities (with badges) rather than simply questioned about a customs manner. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Sobering thought my brother. There may come the day when that is our reality. May the Lord find us faithful. And let us remember to pray for those brothers and sisters who are in the midst of persecution.