Thursday, January 31, 2008

Salvation

Just a few hours ago we wrapped up our Thursday evening Bible study. It is always a wonderful opportunity to open up the Word of God together as a church family. Tonight our topic was salvation. What a challenge it was to cover this in an hour. Of course I realized that an extensive study of salvation would take several sessions so we just went over the basic tenets of salvation. Our main focus was on Christ. After all Christ is the Author and Finisher of our faith. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the door. He is the way, the truth and the life. His is the only name given unto men by which they may be saved. He is the only mediator between the Father and His creation. So we focused on Jesus. And what joy there is in that! O the wonder of it all, that Jesus died on the cross for our sins! Praise and glory be to God for His great mercy and grace! Let us not take His sacrifice for granted. May we continue to stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene. May we continue to shout praises to the One who sits on His throne in Heaven above. Just now I had the words of a song pop into my head. It's a song that I learned in Sunday School back at Grace Bible Church in Newaygo, Michigan. The song goes like this.... "Thank you Lord for saving my soul, thank you Lord for making me whole, thank you Lord for giving to me, Thy great salvation so rich and free. Amen." Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice. To God be the glory great things He has done! Salvation from sin through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you Father for sending your Son, thank you Jesus for coming and doing what You did, and thank you Holy Spirit for your work in my heart showing me my need for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Daniel

No comments: