Sunday, May 25, 2008

A High View of God

Either we have it or we don't. A high view of God. How do we see God? Do we see Him as small and moldable by our human hands or do we see Him as the Immutable Creator of the universe? This was today's message at Grace Baptist Church as we look at the pillars that hold up our church. Of course it is the Word of God that reveals to us the attributes of God and of His working in the lives of His people. We will be getting to that in a later message.
Today I felt horrible. Sinus congestion, body aches, and fever. I surely wanted to stay in bed but I knew that I couldn't. I had prepared a message for the flock and truly felt that this was something that they needed to hear. Praise God for His grace in that He allowed me to preach the message and quickly get home and back into bed. My intention for writing this is not to pat myself on the back for the discharging of my responsibilities. My intention is to glorify the Lord through my recognition of His strength and of my incredible weakness. It is the Lord's Spirit and work in me that allows me to do anything that is pleasing in His sight (1st Corinthians 1:31). While I wallowed in my aches and pains, I took my eyes off of the Lord "high and lifted up." (Is 6:1-5) I forgot for a moment that it was He who gave me a mouth in the first place and it was He who had given me the air that I breathe. So I committed myself and the message unto Him and went about my Father's business. I repented of my low view of God and declared that I would "lift up my eyes to the hills from where my help comes from." (Psalm 121:1-2) May our eyes be lifted up to the heavens and not stuck here on the Earth. (Heb 12:1-2) We aren't the important ones, God is the IMPORTANT ONE, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL. May He receive praise in and through His church; here in Curaco de Velez and to the ends of the Earth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

otro buen mensaje. Que interesante que el Senor nos puede ensenar por todo lo que nos pasa, y todo lo que vemos y oimos. Que fiel es El!
AV